The CJC Desorber D10 is using the patented desorption principle for oil drying. Desorption is based on the principle that heated air can effectively hold large quantities of water. In the Desorber the 60-degree warm oil is met by a counter flow of cold, dry air. The air, heated very quickly by the warm oil, absorbs any water present until saturation is reached.
Water in oil leads to a change in viscosity and reduced filterability and lubricity. Furthermore, water acts catalytically on the oil ageing. Corrosion, Cavitation, wear and bacterial growth, as well as accelerated oil ageing, are the consequences – all factors, which reduce the lifetime of components and oil.
The advantage of the CJC Desorber D10 is that the water separation ability and oil drying is unaffected by viscosity and additive package. The Desorber is ideal for mineral oils as well as for synthetic fluids – even EALs (environmentally friendly lubricants)/biodegradable oils – and is able to break even stable emulsions. The CJC Desorber can maintain the water content within oil systems to very low levels.
ADVANTAGES DESORBER D10
- Removal of large amounts of water – preventive against acidification of the oil and bacterial growth
- Oil drying even with a water content of up to 70 % – even in the case of stable emulsions
- Protection against corrosion, cavitation and wear
- Extension of the lifetime of components and oil
- Avoidance of unscheduled breakdowns and downtimes
- Reduction of maintenance costs
- compact and low-maintenance
- Stern tubes
- small hydraulic systems
- small gear boxes
|Oil volume, max.||2,000 l|
|Viscosity range||ISO VG 32 up to 150|
|Water separation||> > 0.2 l/h|
|Pump flow, inlet||45 l/h|
|Power consumption, approx.||1.7 kW|
|Motor voltage||1 x 230 V / 50 or 60 Hz|
|Net weight, approx.||100 kg|
|Dimensions||1000 x 570 x 570 mm|